Our first two days into Entrepreneurial Spark

Well the first 2 days have been absolutely brilliant, the ES Team certainly go above and beyond and I'm already looking forward to seeing what comes next, even the tough times!

Good look finding me, my face was blocked by a fellow waving 'chiclet'! :)
I must admit, there were times on the first day where I hated it. Only because of who I am though, being an introvert in a room full of 50+ chatting people is an utter nightmare for me. I'm someone who takes notice of every little thing I pick up on (Visually and by sound), listening to every person talking in a loud room burns my brain!

I adjusted though and when everything settled down, or when I was speaking to someone, or doing an activity, that's when I began to start enjoying it. So being sat in a loud room is basically the only bad thing I found about it really, no biggie.

We were introduced to a lot of things, a lot of things which made us think and what actually taught us a lot of stuff which we already know. That's not a bad thing though! Not in the least bit. In actual fact it was the best thing for us, for me I found it cemented my core foundations, rejuvenated my confidence and my skills, took me out of a tunnel vision, sharpened my edge. I can't really explain it (I don't understand how it was done so effectively to be honest) but I feel I've come out much twice as strong than when I went in. Let's call it a Lazarus Pit. This video was shown to us on one of the days, I found this to be a good example as to what helped cement my core foundations and beliefs.


Having some time off working on Hire an Artist whilst being at ES gave me time to reflect and criticise my business according to the information we was given. I'm already aware of the company's current status but time off allowed me to consider other options instead of the conventional find-it-fix-it approach.

We were introduced to the method of 'pivoting' and from it I devised a pivoting option for Hire an Artist. There are several reasons for this and it's not something I'm completely unfamiliar with, I 'pivoted' once before so that I could raise this company to where it is today.

The possible changes I have in mind are less of a philanthropist mentality to more of a corporate mind, for the reason that some of our competitors who I'm trying to befriend are turning against me. As much as I don't want to believe it I really can't be nice to every single person if I'm to be successful. I've learned that being kind to another isn't always reflected and I need to be ready for when these competitors turn their back when I nee.d help; or worse yet that they try to eliminate me from the competition altogether, it's happened before.

In other news I accidentally published another blog post which had an announcement which wasn't meant to be released yet. Oops! Luckily I managed to take it off in time so not much of a spoiled 'surprise'. So there is more news to come in the future, until then spend your time admiring this piece of a beautiful family. Until next time, my friends!

This wonderful piece was done by Dan Nelson



This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply