The launch of Hire an Artist

9 days after launching the company and things are going well! Website running well, great artists signed, a business partner signed and our first customer in the bag. This company is on the road to success and it has all it needs to drive it forward!

Things are slow right now as expected, I trust people will understand that with a new company. We need to start getting that ball rolling for attracting clients and basically doing good business. And there is no better place to do good business than in the arts sector, most artists get their work from repeat clients and word of mouth. If this company plays it's cards right, it could really snowball.

So I'll first talk about the business first and then there's a more personal talk going on at the bottom. Be warned, I talk nonsense!

As soon of you will know we had a business exhibition, it went well! The first one I've ever been to and I reckon I held up well, few disasters like artwork falling! My heart sank both times I heard a big THUD which echoed across this huge room. Besides that though I met a load of nice people, got good advice and overall was a nice day. Below is a picture.

A formidable exhibition for any business to compete with!
In other news I signed a business partner. He's the reason why our Instagram account is doing so well. We've got some big and ambitious plans ahead and fingers crossed they're successful because if they are, Hire an Artist will become so much bigger.

I have also been working with Google to help with my business, providing me with advice and some really good info to making some of our marketing campaigns as effective as possible, including improving our web presence. I'm predicting Google will be one of our most powerful tools for success, there are some huge challenges in this area however, which I'm not going to go into at this time though.


You know with how focused I've been working I haven't really had the time to sit back and think about what I've done. I look back at my past blog posts and this part was the most striking:

"Lastly, I didn't talk about web development quotes after I first mentioned it. It's going alright I guess, nothing particularly exciting to report though. I wish I had a ton of money to play with because then getting this project off the ground would be so damn easy, I envy the rich! But I'm not so I'm either getting impressionable quotes from low ranking companies or getting refused by the bigger companies who demand at least a £10,000 minimum budget or they won't even hear your case."

I said this in a post I made on the 13th October 2014 over 6 months ago and I was just...bewildered really. You know the original planning of Hire an Artist on paper required £25,000? I don't have that kind of money, never have. In a way it was almost an impossible task but I didn't shy away from it. Granted that I failed and choose a different direction but the fact is that I went for it, and when I went for it and failed I made a different approach and tried it again. I look that quote above and see someone who was facing a brick wall but kept hitting it in different ways so that he could get through; eventually he did.

Without money your opportunities are incredibly limited. I watched part of an interview the other day and Oprah asked "What do you think money has done for you?", J.K Rowling replied "It frees you...that's why it's like a superpower". And at that point it really backed up what I already knew and this woman was 'on the other side' so to speak, she's got what I aim to achieve. It goes to one of the inner-most core of my ambitions; I want that freedom.

I've grown up (And still currently am) in an area and around people where addidas trackies are a social uniform, supermarket deals are the most common topic of conversation, benefit claimants are frequent and ambition is rarely heard of.

I don't know, maybe it sounds arrogant but I want so much more than that. Instead of trackies I want a suit, instead of supermarket deals lets talk about that book you want to write so much, instead of claiming benefits lets see how we can get you some real money and get you all those nice things you want in life. That's the way I see things, that describes my core ambition.

The link to the interview is here by the way, I absolutely recommend it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1O6JJMC5o

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply