Small worlds

Today I went to see someone about possible support for the business I'm starting, went really well and I'm happy with it all. The place is relatively new but there's a ton of tech which would normally cost me a pretty penny to use. Got a tour around the place, see where everything is, besides a missing fridge! (I think I'll survive though). What I took back most though was that I could be making a lot of valuable connections with their own skills and expertise which could help give me guidance and support in their own rights. 


What I was surprised to find that the social networking expert who does a bit of artistry will actually be on site from time to time in the very building I'll be in, furthermore my placement is also in the exact place. Double whammy. It's pretty surprising that everything in my life right now is almost starting to encircle around this one building. 

But, this is starting to sound more like a personal diary than a record of updates. The previous two paragraphs are relevant though because they'll be directly affected what goes on in the future to our platform, it's essentially becoming a HUB for everything I need. 

So with all that being said, to be frank I didn't complete even the majority of my daily objectives. I completed my objective focused on artist growth and a brief progression into my 'socialising' objectives. Those and the objective to make a blog post are the only ones I've completed/started. Missing out on 3 objectives completely. 

In regard to the web development, I was expecting an update today to see and review to take back to the team with feedback. Unfortunately they couldn't complete all I asked from my previous review, I can't blame them because they were given a lot to do, but completely necessary to avoid the direction we was heading in. If they've done the hard work and not taken shortcuts in anyway, we'll definitely be in a very strong position to complete the project quickly, effectively and with little error. 

What I take back from this day though is that I've made a really huge step towards my start-up becoming more public. I've opened up a huge new array of advantageous opportunities to improve my business. I've also regained full enthusiasm for the project, talking about the company person-to-person in a business sense has done me well. My ability to answer any question brought to me on the spot inspired confidence in me that I do actually know what I'm talking about and what I can achieve is very real. I'm sleeping easy tonight and waking up tomorrow eager to get to work!

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply