Hire an Artist relaunches 28th October!








Yes my friends! This 3 year long journey to building this company is soon to come to a head! - To lead towards creating so many incredible creations yet to come!

We now have an exact date to launch the new site and that is the 28th October!

This means that we'll be able to provide the easiest way to commissioning artwork - You just come to our site, take a few minutes to tell us about your idea and you're off! A simple 3-step process to turn your idea, into a piece of art. So for everyone out there that just wants a simple, straightforward way to get their own personalised artwork, difficulties no more :)

This was actually in fact an experience I had myself back in 2014 - And how I then discovered this gap - in which I went online and looked up how to commission a piece of artwork but there was little-to-none support out there, which as someone completely new to the whole area daunted me because I didn't know what to do. It didn't take me long to find out just how big a problem this is, numerous authorities such as Hiscox show that a great number of people are believing that art is in some way exclusive or inaccessible to them - And this number is actually growing!

We're going to put an end to that, by providing a nice and clean way for absolutely anyone to get the artwork they want.

This is also great for artists too! 

By making bespoke artwork more accessible, we will be able to provide more work to artists! Nearly half of freelance artists quit artistry, or need to supplement their income with a second full/part time job, as a result of the struggle to find work - By providing them with a platform to easily find work, we can support freelance artistry and keep many more people in doing what they love to do! - And we only ever charge a fair 15% commission fee, when we do our job and provide them with work. If an artist isn't being paid, there's no reason their wallets should be lighter! 

What to expect for the future

So now what to expect is we will be updating you with more news next month, and we will be sending out newsletters to you all as the days draw closer to the launch. :)

We will also continue running the service we currently are; we will continue to refer clients to the artists signed to our site based on our project evaluations.

And that's it! - I have included a vlog version for this below if you'd like to watch, but that's all for now - Have a brilliant day!

Gareth Craven

Managing / Director

Youtube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8xPxL3roXE


Bonus: A little history on our very first version of the website.

When we started out, we started with one of the most terrible websites you could imagine! I wanted a website which would hold all of the information I have about my business idea, for people to read and attract their interest to support the project. So, with the imagination of a fly on hallucinogenic drugs, I created a website based off some old copy I found on the internet, and changed the text and images to suit my purposes. I started with a bright red/yellow background with thin white curly text - I am not joking when numerous people emailed me soon after saying it hurt their eyes to try and read it! Definitely not my finest moment. 
This image is one of the few remnants of the abominable website!
One does not mess with the code, without seriously screwing up first!

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply