New highs

So I haven't made a post in a while, been too focused on my placement, it's doing me a lot of good but it takes so much time and energy away from Hire an Artist, that's all on top of being absolutely sick! Anyway, isn't an excuse to take time away to write blogs so I'll move on!

Now, perhaps the biggest high for me right now is I'm getting an article written about me and the company! Spoke to a journalist last week for the first time a few days ago, a really interesting experience for me and done lots for confidence about myself and the company. I just need to live up to this amazing opportunity I've been given, need to work enough so that I can feel I deserve it. So this can help me with getting early adopters for when I launch the company (Which I'll talk about later). To add to this I'm getting a professional photography job done, pretty convenient as perhaps some of these images can be used in the article. Mainly the purpose of the shoot is so I can have some online content to help people take me seriously as an entrepreneur, my LinkedIn photo is unspeakably ugly and Facebook is littered with selfies. So these photos are going to enhance my online profile. 

What makes this even more convenient is that I'm going to try and produce some personal video messages (Or 'Vlogs' if the term is more appropriate), to help give Hire an Artist a face behind the company, a brand ambassador. I have to admit the idea of becoming the public face of Hire an Artist is pretty daunting while also exciting. I guess the only reason I find it exciting though is because I imagine the videos looking like a perfect 'Apple' style promotional video and I'm looking good and speaking naturally to hundreds of people through their screens. This is blatantly not realistic though, especially so when on my placement I attempted the same thing and severely failed. So this is what's exciting about it, the fact that it could be really awesome and look good. All unlikely though sadly.

What makes it all daunting however is because firstly (As briefly mentioned before) I've tried it before and failed, and that was with some pretty snazzy equipment! Studio lighting, stands and everything. I did it for my placement to produce a video and while I enjoyed it all and listened to the stories of two absolutely inspirational people, the video doesn't visually look anything like the way I wanted to. (My fault for being too ambitious). But that all being said, at home I can much more time to prepare and less pressure to rush, so in theory I have better chances of achieving the look I want. 

The next point is that becoming a brand ambassador, I'm putting myself out there, meaning vulnerable to public scrutiny. Not that I've done anything criminal or anything bad, but I'm not in anyway an extrovert, a people person. I have a really hard time being likable and making friends. After high school all my friends gradually all disappeared, my only real link left to them is Facebook. I feel if I'd meet up with them they'd see how boring I am and be put off, I'm not into drinking and the nightlife, nor am I anything like these people so when they're having a laugh I'll just be there hardly interacting. It's sad really because a lot of these people are absolutely incredible, it's just that I'm not! I've felt this my whole life really, not being able to relate or think and act like everyone else. And recently discovering I'm an INTJ personality doesn't make me feel anymore relate-able, only 2% of the population share my personality apparently. It's a good thing I'm comfortable being alone or else I'd be a very depressed person! Though I must admit it feels lonely at times.

Anyway avoiding further digression, that's why I'm worried about being a brand ambassador, not fitting the profile and it being obvious I'm not fit for the job. This is all I need to say on that end. 

Regarding web development, we're moving onto the financial stage! A very rocky stage which we've got the get absolutely right, it's core to the entire site. I'm extremely worried it's not going to go well if I'm to be honest. There's plenty of other stuff to talk about but I'll leave it here since this post is already long enough!

In other news, the little doggy is back on the Help page! 

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply