Starting an infographic
Today I've been planning and started on an infographic! New experience for me and even though it's taking a long time to develop I'm enjoying the process. I've got a relativity strong plan on how I can visually portray all the information and data I've collected on the online art trade market, I was originally planning on going for an 'Artist painting an infographic' infographic but as things went on I went for better ideas by segregating everything to match the segments of data I have (Helps to create blocks of data, which are more effective in infographics).
As I said it can take a while but if I work on it all day tomorrow I could be finished creating all the content and layouts, or almost so at the very least. Then it's all just making it all look pretty and giving all the final touches.
Whether this will all be worth it in the end? Well I can already see what parts will and won't work, there's parts that I'm neglecting in my current plannings but also parts where I'm using facts to the best of my ability. Take the image below for example, which is currently where the graphic is at right now. I'm using the fact of how much the market is worth (Though not completed) to it's full potential, having it stand out and showing off the strength of this fact, that this truly is a strong market where lots of money is to be made for the artists working there.
I'm using this fact well but if you notice the sub-point 'art world is often perceived as exclusive...', this is an incredibly underused fact. This can make for a really strong point (Maybe even a USP) for Hire an Artist, in that it has an incredibly easy, safe and simple process and so it challenges this problem. But there it is, just a small little point about the market which I don't even use to it's full potential. Looking at that infographic now...perhaps switching it the '39%...' fact and then having some sort of tangent with a silhouette image of someone with their thumbs up (Like the Fallout guy) with text inside saying 'Hire an Artist aims to change this'. Good idea? Perhaps, there's problems of course, will it match the rest of the graphic? Can I even find the image? A quick look on Google doesn't help much.
Anyway, I'll show the progress I made on the next blog post!
| Here is a working progress to the top of the graphic. |