Development costs and a working demo
Today I got the usual daily objectives completed, a lot of artists replied to me the day I sent it today which was nice seeing as it's progress straight off the bat! I even got support from one of the very first artists I spoke to today after sending him an email. He's perhaps one of my most valued supporters seeing as how he was one of the artists who made the biggest impacts on project development in the beginning. On top of that his artwork is just mind-blowing, honestly, I'm viewing artwork everyday and his is no doubt one of the most distinctive styles I've seen. I haven't even anything like it yet to date! Anyway, enough kiss-ass.
The demo is getting on well, got more functionality, created more pages and I decided it would be better to actually add annotations to the site! This will definitely be the greatest ways to explain the missing parts which I couldn't do, the dynamic and interactive features mostly. I'm having trouble creating some of the pages, it's a lot easier to design them first before going in blind. Things like the home page were very easy to do because I already had designs and so I knew what I was doing. Right now I'm somewhat blind. Don't get me wrong, I can easily visualise how the site will look and feel for the most of it, but the minor pages and the more off-topic pages are what I'm struggling with. Pages like the account and settings for example, are particularly frustrating to do!
I'm sure with some hours spent in design though will sort this out.
Lastly, I didn't talk about web development quotes after I first mentioned it. It's going alright I guess, nothing particularly exciting to report though. I wish I had a ton of money to play with because then getting this project off the ground would be so damn easy, I envy the rich! But I'm not so I'm either getting impressionable quotes from low ranking companies or getting refused by the bigger companies who demand at least a £10,000 minimum budget or they won't even hear your case.
There's one company which I'm focusing on getting to know more however, yet ironically it's probably the one I'm most skeptical about. It's a low budget yet somewhat justified by using WordPress (Saves a lot of time and effort writing out raw code for those who aren't familiar). WP doesn't seem like it's capable of what I need, which is why I won't spend a penny until I'm assured it can be done. I've asked for the functional aspect (Or most of it at least) to be completed before I pay.
What I'm asking for is essentially working for free before pay, so I've got more chance of winning the lottery than getting a yes to that request.