Starting a demo/prototype

As well as getting on with reaching out to new artists to help grow the project's popularity and exposure. I'm now working on a basic demo for the site, nothing fancy, just HTML and CSS elements to show how the site would navigate and work, including how all it's content will be laid out and such.

While I can't make any complex PHP elements, I can still make a site where users can get a good initial experience of the site's navigation and things. User accounts and anything involving dynamic info is just beyond me. I think this will be a great way to attract attention to the project and a way for people to interact.

Whether it goes well or not will depend on whether I create enough functionality to the site so that it's not just a couple of pages full of static information. There are things I would love to do with the prototype but, as I said, there's just some things which are beyond me, so I'll be reaching a lot of limits to my web development skills in the next upcoming days. So for example today I tried adding a form that would fade in when a button is clicked (Which I would use for the project posting and contact functions) but couldn't do, yet I did manage to find a 'pop-up rollover' function which is a brilliant function for the shortlist portfolio feature (Which is a really small feature in the grand scheme of things).

If I don't learn anything new and my skills don't improve, the demo is looking to be finished in 2-3 days. Maybe 4-5 if I want to fine tune it. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll go down well!

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply