New options and more designs.
Today I was rather busy with a lot of things so I didn't have time to meet my daily objectives. Instead I prioritised on creating more content rather than reaching out to new artists, I've been neglecting content and concentrating way too much on reaching my audience.
The first thing before anything though was looking into other methods of web development, my thoughts being that I take a different approach to starting the business by having a slow and gradual buildup of business and customers, in which I get the website completed so it's all working and then over time I market it and get the business growing. This is looking to be the more suitable option right now rather than a kickstarter style funded method.
So I managed to find a couple of sites and I've messaged them with some of the key features needed and asked for a quote, we've yet to see what they come up with (Keeping my fingers crossed it's not an extortionate price). Hopefully tomorrow I'll be writing about good news involving this matter.
The second and last thing I did was get back to creating more web design concepts, I have to admit that even though this is more difficult than simply reaching out to artists, it's pretty brilliant and fun to see the project beginning to have some flesh and muscle on it's bones. Something to see is 10x better than anything written. There are some minor aspects in the way the designs look that could be made to look better, but overall I'm really happy with how it's going. I really hope the artists I'm making this for will also agree it's good!
While I'm excited to being able to share out these concepts for people to see and to give this project more content, I'm also anxious of when the brutal non-constructive criticism comes, the comments made that are negative but don't really say anything;
"It's okay but the colours and layout are horrible!" is a criticism I can handle, I know what's wrong and what to change if needed.
"It's a terrible idea and the concepts are boring" is a criticism I can't handle, it doesn't say what's actually wrong or what I can change. It says nothing.