Doubling up growth and pushing on construction
Today instead of contacting the usual amount of artists for consistent growth, I decided to double up on this objective. With the new email format I feel it's a great way to up the momentum for the growth of the project's popularity and interest. Our Facebook page is beating our Twitter account, it definitely is beginning to feel like heading a small community of people. I'm not sure how to encourage these people to really engage with us though and this will be a problem that will grow if I don't deal with it.
It's important to keep people interactive and active with the project's development, so we don't have a stale community who can just forget about the project 2 weeks from now. E-mailing lists for people joined is one idea, but then again thinking about it. This could very easily alienate them and have then turn away. I have tried posts which invite them to engage with a reply, give their opinions, but it didn't work. This is a problem that's going to bug me. My skills relating to this issue are poor.
So secondly, pushing on for the construction of the site again. As always, not great. I really am hitting a brick wall because of my low budget. I really do need at least £10,000 to get things started. There's just no way I'm going for a company under the £5k mark just because I can afford it. I have no confidence in these companies unfortunately, both in their approach and what they've said.
Creating websites has been a huge brick wall for me and I've never broke it. I can barely do HTML and CSS but that's just like removing a small brick from an entire wall. It just doesn't scratch the surface.
I'm going to stop looking into cheaper methods of getting the site developed from professional companies, it just isn't going to happen. If I get funding, doors will open but until then. I may try a new approach and see how I do looking into individuals, freelancer developers. In theory, 10x times cheaper than a company. But we will see.