If you're not already familiar I actually these blogs at the end of the day at around 23:30 and I usually don't sleep until I've finished, the only time I don't and cut a blog short is when I'm seriously losing out on sleep (Around 00:50 onwards). I know getting sleep is important and makes for a more productive work-life but I do it to practice discipline. By writing a blog every day no matter what I can actually take the first step to becoming disciplined; To do what is necessary no matter my circumstances. So this is just to address what one particular person talked to me about today.
Yesterday we started a little reflection, talking about what we've achieved. It developed into a story of the company and even a bit about myself. The views on the blog are actually a lot higher on that post than what I usually get too so maybe it's a good thing I'm talking about how far we've come? I've definitely wanted to make more original and interesting content to put on the blog for some time now, because 'daily reports and personal thoughts' are not as interesting as stories and getting to know someone on a personal level. Anyway I shall continue what I started yesterday and hope you find it interesting!
We left off at how e-mailing lots of artists began to change me as a person, after all the research I did and I was sure this was an idea that had potential. So I did that and my first e-mail back was from Vicki & Theo Cobb (http://www.vickicobb.com/theocobb.html). This was the start to me learning in-depth to the lives to artists and actually, learning from the problems they had, was what transformed the idea to focus on helping artists a lot more!
The following artists are who we should thank for leading
Hire an Artist to focus on challenging the various problems artists face in freelance artistry:
Vicki and Theo Cobb, Randy Naleimaile, Julia Yellow, Simeon Elson, Dominic Flask, Danger Dom, Roger Bethke, Scot Ritchie, Ed Clews, Brendan Purchase, Kim Herbst, Bethany Sellers, Adam Benton, Carol Jonas, Jon Ascher, Julia Minamata, Claudio Limon, Dan Morison.
 |
| Kath from Seventytwostudio was one of my favourite artists to speak with during my research |
These people are only just a few, unfortunately I couldn't find the names of the others, be it because I lost records or they have quit artistry. Perhaps I should do a
Hire an Artist founders campaign? Once a day making a post like Artist of the day just to give all these people one last thanks. If you're one of these people get in touch and let me know what you think! info@hireanartist.co
Back to topic though, through the help of all these people we managed to build an idea that was much more refined and clear than when I first started with it, it became a very damn good start to a business idea.
When this was done enough to the point I was satisfied I finally summarised the idea on 19/07/2014, in which I had a very ambitious business plan complete and all ready to use! (Which we'll get into later).
In the meantime it's getting late and I've got to get up early, we're talking maybe 5/6 hours sleep right now. Just to round off though, I'll get much further into the story next time, I realise I didn't really say much in this post today.
I've also been asked what was the idea of the piece of art I wanted created, I'll talk about this tomorrow. I'm also wanting to give the blog a makeover, make it look a lot prettier and hopefully reflect a more artistic feel. I'm not that good with blogs but hopefully a few YouTube videos can help me on that!