First written articles, next television?

So today has been a particularly interesting day, contacted a considerable number of journalists today. Have to say most of the day was spent helping the family up; dragging things to the dump, cleaning up the patio, assembling the table etc. All for the coming summer really.

Back to topic though, few things. Written articles, life changing opportunities and now chance of television news. Let's draw to the written articles first, I'm expecting my first ever written article dedicated to me and my company to be finished tomorrow! (Well today, it's 00:54 here). Now that is incredibly exciting and I will try not act like an utter child when it's up, maintain a professional image and what not. When that comes up I'll be sure to share it with everybody I possibly can, it's a credit to the accomplishments after all that have been made and almost like a trophy for the company.

Next, life changing opportunities. Ignore the plural, it was just one (Although actually this entire experience of starting a company is life-changing). Anyway, a life-changing journey to Fiji, headed by Mark Bowness and a team that would help to bring a business to life. I'm not really one for entering competitions but I felt it would be worth it to at least send a submission, that even if I'm declined they would at least drop me a message with some kind words. Perhaps my confirmation to a dragons den style competition has inspired me to enter more competitions? I don't know but a trip to Fiji would no doubt be a life-changing experience in itself! Let alone Mark Bowness and a team to help start up my company, man, I've worked so hard alone for so long, it would be unbelievable. I'm obviously not holding my breath for this though, chances of me being accepted are incredibly low for all sorts of reasons.

Now how lucky would I be to even visit this place ever in my lifetime?
Moving onto the next point, television?! Yeah television, I don't know exactly how it could play out but I contacted a television channel today and asked if it would be possible to be featured in some news. It could anything from a simple mention to a full 5+ minute interview, I just don't know. The reason why I believe it would be likely that I would be made news to their channel though is because they're newly established. It's a young television channel with lots of air-time to fill and even from what I've been told by people who are connected there, they are desperately looking for stories to feature for news. Why wouldn't a University student starting his own company be a good story?

On a last note, I've been practicing my pitch for the competition today. I went well, I managed to compile my speech under the 4 minute mark, to 3 minutes 48 seconds. The thing is I need to be safe because at the 4 minute mark they will cut me off, if that happens my pitch would look pretty unprofessional, makes it seem like I'm rambling. So I need to make sure that doesn't happen. Now that I've practiced my speech I'm confident the content is fine, it is now simply a matter of memorising it! Practice, practice, practice. That's how I'm going to win this competition. Everything else is ready, the Powerpoint looks great, my business plan is good, now just for the pitch.

The thing is though I have been so limited to this competition's requirements, the business plan had to be 2 pages long, the presentation content to 6 key subjects and the pitch to 4 minutes. That has been incredibly tough to cramp everything in and actually 90% of everything I have isn't included, hell the projections aren't even great on the short business plan, there wasn't enough space! I seriously hope the judges understand just how crippling these requirements are and are forgiving.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply