A little reflection - Part 5

If you're not snappy with HTML/PHP coding, or you didn't make a site with Wordpress or downloaded a copy of someone elses, you likely had to pay for your website to be developed. And if you have, you'll know that it is really expensive! Well, for how advanced and complex the website for Hire an Artist was, we're talking a £10,000 kind of project. Money I don't have, money I tried to raise and failed.


So for a very long time there was web developers that wouldn't listen to me unless my budget was £10,000 minimum, so many. There were of course various individual web developers who claimed they could create it, if it wasn't them understanding what I was truly asking for, it was I knew they weren't capable of developing it. Day after day I was sending out the emails and completing web forms looking for appropriate web developers. 

Until I got a message back by Armer Design. That they would be happy to take on this project whilst showing they completely understood what was needed. It was a company that clearly could do an absolute professional job yet for a price that I was capable of paying. On talking to them I honestly felt it was too good to be true, I didn't even give the 'Go ahead' because I thought there would be a catch. I even went onto contacting the website owners Armer had created for references. All seemed too good to be true.

But, nearly a month after I decided to go ahead and work with them, at that point the development of Hire an Artist began! No longer a plan, a registered company and some finances set aside, but now an actual entity! And you can see now on www.hireanartist.co it was the right decision! We're in the final stage of development (At the time this post was made) and although things have been slowing down near the end and it's been tough at times (Even more so when I've been in bad health), but they have been working and kept on pushing. I'm incredibly thankful to Armer Design, they were my only option in the position I'm in. They've been incredibly kind and I've already been recommending them to others to try and help them with more business, in fact I'm even doing it now to you, my fellow reader! 

If you want a website doing, go Armer Design! Will not regret it! (http://www.armerdesign.com/)



Well that covers all the key work that I had done on Hire an Artist for 2014. It doesn't include all the little things I had to do, nor emphasise the sheer amount of time and effort I invested into this. But hopefully enough has come out of these blog posts for you to see that, though I must admit the length of my blog posts will limit that. Curse my writing skills! And curse my terrible literature! 

I'm going to discontinue this series for now. I'm considering doing Vlogs for when it comes to the more personal messages, there has been quite a few times in this reflection series that I've covered quite personal topics. And I want to project that personal feel as much as possible, because the more personal and 'human' a start-up company gets, the closer it gets with it's community. 

You won't know but there was quite a few tears when it came to talking about having to take those 2 months off. It was an incredibly dark time for me and I was getting seriously upset, but when you read that blog post you would never have known. Because it's not as personal, a lot of people reading it wouldn't have barely cared/connected, seeing a face though, a person, that's where people can really feel connected with that person they're watching. And that's what I want, I want people to connect more. I'm not saying I want to people to see me cry, but what I'm saying is, I want people to feel connected.

My only problem with Vlogs is I'm no good at them, there's a certain human quality that you need to be a good Vlogger. If I got all the production elements right (Such as recording and lighting) I would have no problem editing it into a nice Vlog video. I'm a pro at that kind of stuff, cleaning up and enhancing audio, cutting up and pulling up video content. It's all relatively easy. But it's that person in the video that's the problem, it's not a confidence issue but I doubt I'm what people would want. This is why I'm still just considering it and not feeling "Yeah, let's do this!". 

If I do, I'm definitely going to hide behind the typical vlogger persona and behaviour, at least to start with. Maybe I'll start acting more naturally over time, but definitely not to begin with. No-one likes me when I act naturally to begin with! But if I act normal, then act naturally later, then they love me! It's weird, people don't like the unusual straight away, only when it's later and you've showed you can be normal. (Getting the timing right of when to start acting naturally is difficult though).

All that being said though, maybe I don't need to bother. My business partner is a good looking guy, if he's got character maybe he could do it! 

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply